My name is
My name is Ella and I’d be honored to work as an aupair in your family! I’m a seventeen years old girl living in Helsinki, the capital of Finland, the land of Santa Claus and nightless nights. On weekdays I go to high school and during weekends I work in a popular cafe / restaurant in a bohemian area of the city. Despite my young age I’ve been working for 1,5 years now in two different places, both of which are restaurants. I spend my free time with friends and family doing all kinds of things such as talking, watching movies, cooking, playing board games and going for walks. It’s really important for me to keep my relationships alive and stay close to my loved ones so I try to spend as much time as possible with them.
I got two homes since my parents are divorced. Besides mom and dad I have a stepfather, stepmother and two brothers, one 15-year-old and one under a year old. To be exact the younger brother is a half-brother to me since we have different mothers. I have very good relationships with all my family members and I’m beyond grateful for all of them. We also have a cat in our household.
When I’m all by myself I like to read, write, listen to music and do sports. Culture has always been close to my heart and I love all kinds of art. Sometimes when I’m feeling creative I paint, draw or play guitar. One of my favorite ways to express myself is through making food and presenting it nicely. One could say that food is my passion and that’s kind of true. I have an Instagram account (@ellas.plate) where I share my recipes and the meals I eat. Personally, I follow a plant based diet which means that I don’t eat or use products containing animal products. So vegan and vegetarian food are my bravuras. Other members of my family are carnivores so I still know how to prepare non-vegan dishes too. 🙂
I’ve been often described as positive, caring, emphatic, hardworking and smart. I try to see good in everything and everyone and I haven’t met a person that I wouldn’t got along with. People are my biggest interest and I love to socialise with new persons.
Last but not least I thought it could be fun to share some random facts about me so that you’d get some kind of a picture of who I am:
1) I’m left-handed and I tend to do some things a bit differently just because of that.
2) J’étudie le français et j’aimerais travailler en France pour que j’apprendrais mieux la langue. J’ai complété le DELF A2 il y a deux ans, et je ferai le DELF B1 ce printemps. La France est très près de mon coeur et je rêve d’y vivre un jour.
3) Sunny by Boney M. is my favorite song at the moment. Lomepal and Carla Bruni are my favorite French artists.
4) Lemon, cinnamon and grass after rain are my favorite scents.
5) If I could eat only one food for the rest of my life it had to be oatmeal because I have it almost every morning and I never get tired of it. There’s endless oatmeal combinations, but my all time favorite is peanut butter and banana.
6) I’d be extremely glad if I got to get to know you and your family and join your company next summer!
I've spent a couple weeks in a primary school helping the teacher with all kinds of stuff. I have many kids in my circle of acquaintances and a baby brother so I'm used to be around younger people.