INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS (outside the UK)
Registration/subscription fee: £49 or equivalent in your local currency (Approx 62 Euros 70 US Dollars, 95 Australian Dollars, 103 New Zealand Dollars, 91 Canadian Dollars ...).
The registration/subscription is for 1 year and will be automatically renewed at expiry unless you inform us that you would like to
stop your search at least 1 week in advance of the renewal date. The registration fee of £49 is non refundable.
1. INTRODUCTION FEES.
AU PAIR INTRODUCTION FEES:
( Note: All references to female Au pairs also apply to male Au pairs.
Au pairs staying up to:-
- Up to three months £199.00
(Approx. 251 Euros, 287.00 US Dollars, 389 Australian Dollars, 422 New Zealand Dollars, 370 Canadian Dollars ...).
- Three months to one year £329.00
(Approx. 416 Euros, 474 US Dollars, 644 Australian Dollars, 697 New Zealand Dollars, 612 Canadian Dollars ...). This is valid for 1 year.
- COUPLES - For an au pair couple (regardless of relationship) a surcharge of 50% on the above au pair introduction fees is applicable.
- NANNIES - For placements of full time Nannies the fee will be £799.00.
NEW FOR SWISS FAMILIES
New for families in the canton of Vaud and other areas of Switzerland on a case by case basis,
we can offer placements of Native English speakers such as US, Canadian and Australian aupairs.
We are working with our Swiss partner Andree Wind in Geneva to assist with and provide visas and work permits for non
EU nationals subject to additional fees and checks. Please email for more information.
2. . Replacements are free of charge for the time period paid for up to a maximum of 2 replacements per year. Should your replacement stay for longer than the time period paid for you will be invoiced accordingly
3. The fee is due on the
explicit or implicit acceptance of a prospective candidate by the client and the
appropriate fee will be charged. The fee is due even if the client and applicant agree an intial "Trial period", refunds and cancellations as outlined below will still apply.
4. No refunds or
replacements will be made unless the fee has been paid at the appropriate time as outlined
in paragraph 3.
5. Introductions are confidential. Passing on of an introduction to another employer, resulting in an
engagement, renders the client liable to payment of the agency´s fee.
6. . It is up to the client to inform the agency in the event that a suitable au pair has not been identified.
The agency will contact the client from time to time and if the client fails to confirm the above within
7 working days then the yearly placement fee will apply.
7. If the yearly registration fee period has expired and the client has not responded then a renewal fee will also apply.
8. Whilst the agency makes every reasonable effort to verify the
integrity and suitability of the Au pair; the agency cannot be
held responsible for the non-arrival of, or any negligent,
dishonest or malicious act by the Au pair.
9. If the family require the Au pair to drive, this shall be the
full responsibility of the host family concerned. The agency
accepts no responsibility for this whatsoever.
10. The agency fee is the payment for the introduction of the
Au pair. The agency cannot be held responsible should the Au pair
stay for a shorter time than planned or not arrive . But will endeavour
to find a replacement as outlined in paragraph 14. It is up to the client to
inform the agency.
11. The Au pair is entitled to a minimum of two weeks notice of
termination, plus pocket money.
12. The client warrants:-
(A) That the information contained in the completed application
form is full and correct.
(B) That he/she will comply with the rules concerning an Au pair
which appear in the information about Au pairs. Hours of work must
be strictly adhered to.
(C) That the client will at all times behave in a reasonable and
responsible way towards the Au pair.
Provided that the fee is
paid at the appropriate time as outlined in paragraph 4:-
13. Should the Au pair
leave prior to the expiry of the agreed term, the agency will use its best endeavours to offer a
replacement free of charge, save that no liability shall accrue to the
agency if it is unable to offer such a replacement or if such a replacement is not
accepted by the client.
14. In the event that a
replacement becomes necessary, the agency will always offer an Au pair who is able to stay
for a similar time period wherever possible. However, if at the time the most suitable
applicant is only available for a shorter time than the original placement, the agency
will then offer a subsequent replacement to cover the time period paid for.
15. Where replacements
are required, the agency can give no guarantees as to the nationality of the new Au pair.
The character and suitability of a replacement may not be judged according to nationality.
16. At the discretion of
the agency, we will use our best efforts to provide a replacement Au pair to cover the
agreed time period should this become necessary. This
is valid for a maximum of 2 replacements. After this the normal fee will apply. This offer
is subject to availability at the time and cannot be guaranteed. Nationality cannot be
17. Should the
replacement stay for longer than the original time period agreed, the family will be
18. Cancellation by the client after the Au pair has accepted or after she has bought her ticket to travel will result in no refund being made.
19. Should the Au pair
cancel or fail to arrive, the agency will make it a priority to find a suitable
replacement . If that is not possible then a refund will be made less £150.00 for administration charges.
20. Should the client decide at any point to cancel their agreement with Almondbury Au pair Agency and does not
wish to have any, replacement, this will in all cases result in no refund being made.
Terms revised on 27th of March 2016. Terms are subject to revision on the 27th of March 2017.