Whilst it is well known that many aupairs enter the USA either as students or tourists, in fact the US immigration authorities have designated 6 agencies to administer the aupair program, only these agencies can arrange the J1 (aupair) visa for foreign aupairs not residing in the USA. This prohibits many families from hosting an aupair for the following reason:
- The cost, this is in the region of $6000.
- Not all families are eligible and many locations are not serviced.
- Inflexible matching options, typically a foreign aupair can reject a maximum of 2 families proposed by the agency and in these cases can end up with a family that is unsuitable.
- Families have a limited choice of aupairs and are expected to accept or refuse an aupair after 1 telephone call. The designated agencies obtain their aupairs from foreign ( non-designated agencies) who have international co-operator status like us.
- The process normally takes 3 months to complete
American families do have other options:
- Aupairs who already have visas, or are in the USA as aupairs but are unhappy with their present family and wish to find a new family, their designated agency does not assist them in this instance.
- Obtaining a temporary worker status ( a H-1B or H-2B visa ) for a foreign aupair, this normally would entail finding an immigration lawyer who can assist the family.
- Families can sponsor a foreign student from almost all countries, the aupair will study and be a member of the household having the usual duties and chores, for more information please check: http://travel.state.gov/visa;foreignstuden.html
American families can of course register with us and have a vast choice of applicants and then when a suitable match has been identified contact one of the designated agencies, usually a small discount will be given as the aupair has already been found, we are international co-operators for www.interexchange.org. Or use one of the above options.
At aupair-agency.com we have thousands of American nannies and aupairs, foreign aupairs both in the US and abroad. Please check our aupair and nanny list.
We have 3 registration options:
- 1 month for $99.
- 3 months for $199. (Best option)
- 1 year for $400.
(Please specify at the end of the family registration form which option your prefer).
All the above include:
- An initial match and details of all suitable aupairs and nannies sent to you by email.
- All new suitable aupairs and nannies that register daily also sent by email.
- Listing your vacancy on our job vacancy page.
- Access to full contact details on our aupair and nanny list.
You can either
we can fax or email the family registration form for you to complete at your leisure: