If you are from a country other than Australia and New Zealand you must have a current working visa and tax file number to work in New Zealand.
Australians do not need a work permit as a special agreement exists between the countries.
If you are from a country other than Australia and New Zealand to work in New Zealand you must obtain a work visa or permit.
New Zealand currently has working holiday agreements for citizens of:
To be eligible for a work visa under this scheme, applicants must:
* Be citizens of one of the above countries ordinarily residing in that country at the time of applying
* Satisfy the New Zealand Embassy that their main intention for coming to New Zealand is to holiday, and that employment is an incidental reason for the visit
* Have funds available for maintenance
* Agree to hold a comprehensive medical and comprehensive hospitalisation insurance that will remain current throughout their stay
* Be aged between eighteen (18) and thirty (30) years, both inclusive, at the time of application
* Not be accompanied by children
* Possess a valid passport
* Possess a return ticket, or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket
There may be other requirements specific to the country you are applying in so if your unsure of the requirements its important to check with the New Zealand Immigration Service
Further information and application form is available at: http://www.immigration.govt.nz