To obtain a holiday work visa for Canada, the following applies:
- Citizens of Australia, Holiday work visa in Canada for Australians.
- Citizens of Czech Republic, Holiday work visa in Canada for Czechs.
- Citizens of Estonia, Holiday work visa in Canada for Estonians.
- Citizens of the Republic of Korea, Holiday work visa in Canada for Koreans.
- Citizens of New Zealand, Holiday work visa in Canada for New Zealanders.
- Citizens of Austria, Belgium, Chile, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, The Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, the UK and the US are eligible for a Canadian working holiday visa, so long as they fulfil certain criteria which are specific to each country.
- Citizens of Poland between the ages of 18 and 35 are eligible.
- Citizens of Ukraine between the ages of 18 and 25 are eligible. There are no restriction for applicants status (non-students).
- Age limits are from 18-30 for most countries; 18-35 for citizens of Chile, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, Ireland and Switzerland. Some countries" programs specify that the applicant must be a full-time student, others do not, and some have separate programmes for students and non-students.
- The type of work allowed and the maximum duration of stay depends on the applicant"s country of residence.