If you are from a country other than australia and New Zealand you must have a current working visa and tax file number to work in Australia.

Australia currently has working holiday agreements with the UK, Canada, The Netherlands, Japan, Ireland, Korea, Malta, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Hong Kong, Finland, Italy, Estonia, France, Belgium, Taiwan and Cyprus and is currently negotiating arrangements with a range of additional countries.

Check with your nearest Australian Government Office to see if to see if arrangements have been established with your country.

To be eligible for a working holiday visa you must:

* Hold a valid passport of an agreement country
* Aged between 18 and 30 years ( inclusive) at time of application
* Not be accompanied by dependent children
* Have not previously entered Australia on a working holiday visa
* Meet health and character requirements
* Be Outside of Australia at the time the visa is granted
* As a working holiday maker you are permitted a stay of 12 months from the date of entry to Australia. You are permitted to any kind of work of a temporary or casual nature. As the main purpose of you visit is work and travel work with one employer for a period of more than 3 months is not permitted and you should not work for the full period of your stay

Further information and application form is available at


Note that US citizens can obtain a 4-month working holiday visa by making an application through www.BUNAC.com.

Tax File Numbers are obtained through the Australian Taxation Office. For more information see www.ato.gov.au.
Aupair page
Nanny page

Aupair lists
Aupair jobs
Families page
Families in the UK
Families in the USA
Our Terms & conditions
Terms & conditions for families in the UK
Terms & conditions for families in the USA

Aupair FAQ´s
Family FAQ´s

Information about being an aupair
Information about hosting an aupair
Information about hosting an aupair in the USA
Visa Information

Aupair application form to print
Family registration form to print

About us